Thursday, May 14, 2009

Men's Alumni Basketball Tournament in the works


What it is?

Ready for this title?
The First Annual HogoOnline Men's Hogoheegee Alumni Basketball Tournament of Tournaments.

Put that on a T-shirt!

When it is?

TBA.  Not between September and February.  Either August 2009 or March 2010.

Where it is?

Somewhere with two gyms.

What it cost?

TBD.  There will be a registration fee per team to pay for concessions, venue, officials, jerseys, and trophies.

Who can play?

Anyone who played in high school can play on their respective alumni team in their respective age groups which have yet to be determined.

How can I help organize?

Contact me.  hogo_sportz@yahoo.com

I want to organize my own team...

Contact me. hogo_sportz@yahoo.com

NOTE:  I want this to be a fairly organized event.  In my head, I see three age classifications by graduation date.  80's and up, 90's, 2000's.   You have to have played for the team you represent.  There can be multiple teams from the same school in one graduation bracket. If you want to play and no one has contacted you to be on a team, contact ME.  You will get to play.  I think....

Also, old guys, bring your own oxygen.  I will not withstand lawsuits for fainting in the lane and being trucked, breaking a femur from landing funny, or straining a groin from stretching before the game.  Each of you will sign a consent form saying that HogoOnline is not responsible for you being out of shape :).  

Start training, start finding some dudes.  I'll start finding a place and a date.

Deal?  Deal.


No comments: