Monday, March 23, 2009

Old Pictures - You've Gottem, I Wantem

Hello to all once again. Finally, the weather has taken a back seat and let the kids out to play some spring sports. So far, unless no one has reported a Rural Retreat softball game to me, all of our softball teams are currently undefeated. Way Cool!

HogoOnline wants photos. Any of them over the years that you have clipped from newspapers, taken yourself, or found in the high school yearbook will do. Scan and email!

History in the Hogoheegee is just as important as its future. Unfortunately, about all I can put on the site is scores from the good ole days but clearly there is more to it than that. To really capture the life of what the Hogoheegee is and was all about, please send in any old relics that you have. Even videos will do, but you won't be able to email those. If you have a video, contact me and we'll find a way to get that taken care of.

I'm looking for any picture ever of any currently standing Hogoheegee school. 1776 until now. For former Hogoheegee schools, lets keep it between 1970 and now (or the years in which they were active. Refer to the "History" tab on the site to determine these dates). It can be team photos, full yearbook pages (as Sammy Campbell has done before), or action stills. Please help out with this and your names will be creditted to the photos you submit (if you wish) and they will be posted on the Flick'r site. Be sure to try to include details such as who is in the picture as well as dates, if possible. Also, I'll even accept any old pics you have of Hogoheegee towns as well as pictures of the schools back in the old days. Things have really changed over the years, it would be really neat to see our towns and old school buildings 10, 20, 30, or 40 years ago.

Please help and do your part in making Hogoheegee.com an historical reference as much as it is a source for news.

I've provided an example:


Uncle Sam, War of 1812
"I WANT YOU to send in pics"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a few things you may want to use. Send me an email and I will give you a shout.

HogoOnline said...

Send an email to who?